Sunday, July 30, 2017

Day 6

Last day of All-In Church. In the morning, Amy and I finished taking pictures for the comunity mural, then we had one last rehearsal for the kids' drama during drama camp. During All-In, the team and I did the last skit that I wrote - same audience reaction as the first 2, unfortunately. Dinner was bangers and mash and Yokshire pudding - the most Englandy meal we had. :) Yorkshire pudding is not a pudding or even a dessert, so I don't know about that name. I like Yorkshire pudding.

After dinner we had a "Rossington's Got Talent" contest with the kids and a few adults. Mickey, Michael, Landon, and Matt were the judges. I ran sound. Then we were going to have an outdoor movie, but the weather didn't cooperate, so we moved it inside. We provided American candy, and I can only imagine there were some sick kids that night because they were scarfing it down. Our team left about halfway through the movie as it was getting late.

Once we were all in our vehicles, everyone else had left when I noticed the light indicating an open door was on. Turns out it was the trunk, but it wouldn't close even after repeated tries. After fumbling with cell phone flahslights , I figured out the button you push to open the trunk wasn't popping back out, so I figured out how to force it out and we were on our way. Once we got home, when we tried to open the trunk, it wouldn't open. I climbed in through the back and tried, but it wouldn't budge, so we decided to look at it again in the morning.  Of course, climbing into the trunk required me to be crawling all over the seats that had previously had sick kids sitting on them, so that was lovely.

Another late night convo with the roommate and one of the guys that was staying with us from Rossington to finish the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment